Friday, December 4, 2009

Glee: Matress Review


Ok so Glee was on last night and it wasn't that big of a deal...

Oh who am I kidding, OHMYGODDIDYOUSEEGLEE.  Wow great episode, and not just a great glee episode I mean a great episode of any television show. Ok I'll give a quick synopsis and then we can start Gleeking out about it.

The episode starts with everyone in Glee worried about their pictures in the yearbook, even though Will tries to convince them they should be proud.  Rachel Helps to change the groups out look when she helps book them a TV commercial for a local matress shop. This turns on the group when Sue says that the Glee club forfeited amature status when they accepted payment for the gig in the form of free matresses.  Mr Schue takes the hit for the Glee kids by acccepting all the punishment for the incident thus keeping the Glee club on track for sectionals.

WARNING:  The rest of this post will involve a very large spoiler in the Glee universe.  Travel at your own risk.


Ok  so down to the BIG incident in this episode, the fake pregnancy.  While will is going through the drawrers looking for something he stumbles across Terry's fake stomach.  Right before this I called it because there was some very ominous music coming through which made me a little uneasy.  So Will confronts Terry and discovers that the pregnancy is a fraud.  WILL GETS PISSED!  I never saw him as a guy that would do that but man he can get angry.  I tell you any time I need a guy to scare the living s*$#t out of somebody, I am skipping the Ghostbusters and calling Will Shuester.  This scene was packed, the best Glee scene so far in the series.  I  would also like to talk about Will and Emma.  Since Will's explosion on Terry, I saw that those two were kinda gravitating to each other.  So maybe we can see them get together some time, I think it might end up being a spring storyline though.

Now I'll let Mike give his thoughts on Will.


I must say that this episode should have been the mid-season finale.  Even though next's week episode is sectionals, there is almost no way to compare it to this week.  The reason for that is the emotion that runs through the episode.  The best (and highest) point is when Will finds out his wife isn't pregnant.  The entire scene I was yelling things like "YES!  NOW GO RUN TO CHARLIE BEFORE HIRO FINDS OUT!"  and "DIVORCE HER ASS WILL!  WE CAN BRO OUT AT THE BAR!"  I was almost afraid that he might hit her (and is it bad I thought it might be justified?) for what she did to him.  The second scene that I thought brought it back up was with Figgins, Will, and Sue.  I almost expected Will to Hulk Out again on Sue and/or Figgins but he remains mostly calm throughout the scene.  For Sue though, I really enjoyed how sinister and happy she was.  When she yelled "IT'S OVER SCHUE!" Right in Will's face I thought two things.  The first one being "My God, this woman has no regard for his life or anyone else's but her sister's."  The second thought being, "I hope to God that Mr. Schue punches her.  He needs to Hulk Out again - that was awesome."


I agree with Razz that this was a great moment in not just for the show.  Out of all the mid-season and season finales I've seen as of recent years.  Excluding Ed, Edd, & Eddy's Big Picture Show, it's probably my favorite.  I can't wait to see what will happen by the end of the spring half season.  Maybe Quinn will have her baby by then?  Or Finn might find out it's not his and see him pull a mini Mr. Schuester.  I don't know, but I'm more excited for this than Heroes.  And I really want to see Heroes.


See Ya & Till Next Time,
Mike & Razz

No comments:

Post a Comment