Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Heroes: Close To You Review


Last night we got a new episode of Heroes and it seemed to fall flat but we did get a few plot points that needed to happen with Hiro, Matt, and HRG.  so let's go then shall we?
 
The Hiro Story line is finally played out after 3 episodes of flash forwards with the rescuing of Suresh.  Ando admits Hiro who is able to find out where and who Suresh is so they can break him out.  They all three escape from the mental hospital with a drugged up Ando.  Knowing they can't keep running from the Stormtroopers and their Ewoks forever, Ando decides to shock Hiros mind back to normal. And that works?!?
 
At this point I'm just happy that for the most part, Hiro is fixed.  I would also like to comment that I enjoyed Mohinder in this episode.  I usually am anti Mohinder mostly due to the fact I feel his character has over stayed his welcome in the series, but to see him be the voice of reason and man up some made me kind of happy.

We begin with Bennett and see him becoming obsessed with locating Samuel and the carnival.  When he finds Samuels love, Vanessa he goes to California to get answers from her.  This brings him to seek help from Matt who has become a stay at home dad guy/ recluse after his ordeal with Sylar.  Vanessa explains how she knows Samuel and tells Bennett she can Bring Samuel to her.  However Bennetts plans go awry when Samuel takes(kidnaps) Vanessa back to the carnival.  Matt eventually just tells him that he has to go back and patch things up because his methods aren't working.  Bennett also gets to Matt too and makes him realize that he needs to do more with his life than stay at home and make Ratatatoille.  Bennett goes back to Claire and tries to patch things up which is kinda something we have already seen in past seasons.  He also starts to build up his relationship with Lauren but is interuppted by the Three Muskateers teleporting in from Florida.
 
I don't know about you guys, but having Matt back was great.  As you know from last time, I was mad at the fact we had a 2hr premier that didn't have him involved in any way.  So as happy as I was to see Matt back, I was more excited to see HRG get it on with Lauren right before the Three Stooges came teleporting in.  The one time that he gets some action in God knows how long, and those three come barging in.

We get several scenes with Peter begining with Lydia saying that he could become the next Joseph.  I feel like this was so out in the open that something might happen with Peter and the carnival between now and the finale.  He briefly meets with Emma, who is improving, her Siren Song, and starts putting together that Samuel might be involved in some bad stuff.  Angela walks in on their Conversation and tells Peter that Emma was responsible for killing a lot of people.  I really like Peters lecture to Angela telling her that she has to quit lying because they are the only two left.  Peter takes her power and has a dream of Emma going crazy with her Chello.  Which of course makes him go Buckwild on the Chello, like any sane person would do.  After that I think we are pretty much done with their possible relationship.
 
I have to agree with Razz here on most parts.  I don't think that Emma will want much to do with Peter after going rock star on her Chello like he did.

This was kind of an eh episode for me but it was saved because we got a lot of stuff accomlished with Bennett changing his strategy, mohinder being freed, peter starting to get wise to the whole situation and finally Hiro getting his mind back.  So all of these things made it fairly entertaining.  It was nice to see the return of Matt since he has been lost in Cali after Sylar breaks free.  By the way does any one believe Ando, with no medical experience could shock Hiro's brain back to the way it was?   Also since I always have to find something to nit pick, Peter says to Emma, "I'll call you later" once she leaves his apartment.  Just something to think about.
 
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that heard him say that!  I thought the first time I heard it, "No way did he say that."  So I replayed it and yep, he did.  He really told the deaf chick he would CALL HER.

See ya & Till the next time
Mike & Razz

No comments:

Post a Comment